Delta Module 2 - тренинговый курс
If you are a CELTA-qualified experienced teacher of English and would like to further your career in ELT by becoming an academic manager, a teacher trainer or simply a more experienced and highly-qualified teacher, then it’s time to start thinking about Cambridge Delta Modules.
As one of the most widely-recognized and prestigious qualifications in ELT, Delta (Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) is placed by the UK Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation at Level 7 of the Qualifications and Credit Framework, which is the same level as a Master's degree. This course will help you to take your understanding of English language teaching and learning to the next level, advance your teaching skills and learn new skills which will open doors for you in the world of ELT wherever you go.
For Module Two, Developing Professional Practice, you will normally need to attend a course offered by an authorized Delta centre which includes assessed teaching and contact hours with experienced Delta trainers.
Course Requirement and Content
The candidates will have completed a Portfolio which will contain three internally assessed Language Skills/Systems Assignments and the Professional Development Assignment with the tutors’ assessment.
Also, candidates need to undertake 10 hours of live or video peer observations
The course involves 220 learning hours, 120 of which are contact hours with the tutors and 100 independent learning hours.
Module 2 assessment consists of 5 assignments
• Professional Development Assignment (which has two parts)
• 2 Language Skills Assignments
• 2 Language Systems Assignments
Each of the Language Skills/Systems Assignments includes
• A background essay exploring an areas of teaching skills/systems and considering teaching and learning issues
• Planning, teaching and evaluation of a lesson related to the chosen area.
3 of the Language Skills/Systems Assignments are assessed by the Delta tutors and the last one is externally assessed.
What to expect on a regular day
Our Delta Module 2 course is six weeks long and you need to be prepared to be at the centre Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
On a typical day you will normally have:
• Three hours of input delivered by highly experienced Delta trainers
• Feedback on the lessons taught by you and your peers
• Lesson planning and preparation time
• Teaching which will consist of:
◦ Diagnostic lessons assessed by the tutors
◦ Developmental teaching practice observed by peers
◦ Experimental lesson where you will get the chance to try out an approach or lesson framework you have never tried in the classroom before
◦ 3 internally assessed Language Systems/Skills assignments
◦ 1 externally assessed Language System/Skills Assignment on the last week of the course.
The results for Module Two are normally released in November if completed during the summer months.
There are four possible grades:
- Pass with Distinction
- Pass with Merit
How to apply for the Delta Module 2 Course
Fill in the registration form here on the website to receive an email from us with a separate Delta Application form. Complete the application and send it to us. We’ll get back to you to schedule your interview with one of our Delta trainers. After successful interview, we will provide you with payment details and other necessary information.
For more information about accomodation please email us: email@example.com
Dates and fees
Dates: 08.07.2019-16.08.2019 (enrolment is closed)
- Early-bird fee – UAH 59 989 + GBP 128* (certificate cost) or GBP 1789/EUR 2035/USD 2325** (certificate cost included) payable before 03.06.2019
- Full price – UAH 64 989 + GBP 128* (certificate cost) or GBP 1929/EUR 2189/USD 2499** (certificate cost included)
* Converted to UAH according to the National Bank of Ukraine exchange rate on the day of payment
** Only for non-residents of Ukraine
Why take Delta with us?
There are trainers who do their job and trainers who do their job well. Our trainers do their job perfectly well because they have their trainees’ needs at the heart and are sincerely interested in their progress. This year we’re inviting Robert Fletcher (UK) and Iulia Maria Lehner (Romania) to tutor on our courses. We’re very excited to be welcoming them in Kiev - they’re experienced, professional and fun to work with. We know you will enjoy the time with them.
A shorter course
We know how busy you are, so this year we’re launching a short course. The course will last for 6 weeks and cover all of Module 2. Some schools run 8-week courses which include preparation for modules 1 and 3 as well. We decided to focus on Module 2 only and do it well.
Focus on one thing at a time
Some centres offer Blended courses (e.g. Module 2 together with preparation for Module 1). We care for our customers, we know they are all different and have different needs. This is why we’ve decided that this summer we’ll be offering Delta Module 2 only. If you’ve taken Module 1 or Module 3, you won’t be paying for what you’ve done already. If you haven’t, we’ll be happy to offer you support with preparation for those modules closer to the deadlines.
OUR DELTA TUTORS
- RSA cert TEFLA (Royal Society of Arts Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language to Adults)
- RSA dip TEFLA (Royal Society of Arts Diploma in Teaching English as a Foreign Language to Adults)
- IHC (International House Certificate) trainer
- CELTA Trainer
- DELTA Trainer
- Experienced teacher trainer
- Delta trainer
- CELTA trainer
- SQA PDA (Scottish Qualifications Authority Professional Development Awards) trainer
- Teacher immersion trainer
- Experience design developer for teacher training courses.
- Experienced teacher trainer mentor and course developer
- IH TTC (International House Teacher Training Course)
- Master’s Degree in Culture and Politics in a European and International context (University of Bucharest)