Teaching Receptive and Productive Skills
Have you ever heard from students that it is difficult for them to perceive English by ear? Or, on the contrary, that they understand everything, but simply can't speak? Language learning is based on the formation of receptive and productive skills. Only their harmonious combination allows the student to systematically increase their level.
How to quickly teach your students to hear the main meaning of the message? What reading strategies exist and why are they needed? How to teach to clearly express thoughts in writing and speaking? Visit the module "Formation of skills of perception and reproduction" and find out.
This course will make life easier for you because:
- you will be able to correctly define the needs of your students and help them train the necessary skills;
- you will be able to select the strategies necessary for improving receptive and productive skills;
- you will learn how to effectively plan your classes;
- you will learn the theory of connected speech and how to help students listen effectively;
- you will try and build sets of activities with the learning purpose of improving reading, listening, speaking and writing skills.
- you will learn to give correct and timely feedback to your students.
Each lesson is part theory and part practice, which enables you to immediately test your newly acquired knowledge and receive feedback from our tutors. On top of that, after completing the module, you will receive a certificate for 20 hours of PD (16 contact hours and 4 hours of homework).
A prerequisite for taking the module is at least Intermediate level of English.
Nearest dates: 19.03.2022 - 09.04.2022
Teaching process: online format - module lasts for weeks, on Saturdays, 4 hours each (from 10:00 to 14:30).
1699 UAH; special price: 1499 UAH
Students of our modular courses say that they immediately notice improvement in their own teaching process, and feel much more confident taking CELTA.