Teaching Very Young Learners
Teaching very young learners is significantly different from teaching young learners both in form and in methodology. This is mostly due to the psychophysiological qualities of children in the age group of 3 to 6. Children of this age can easily master a number of widely used language constructs, but do not have a conscious need for learning the language. That is why it is important to form the children's language image and develop their ability to use it intuitively on this early stage of learning. This course will not only cover the nuances of teaching English to very young learners, but also provide some important and practical ideas to be used in class.
After completing the "Teaching Very Young Learners" course, you will:
- know when is the best time to start teaching English to children;
- learn the difference between teaching English to young learners and to very young learners;
- improve your knowledge of psychological and physiological qualities of children 3-6 years old;
- master the main methods and skills of teaching English to very young learners;
- start planning effective lessons through understanding the structure and order of actions during the class;
- receive a list of games, songs and stories to activate lexics, grammar and improve speaking;
- use your knowledge in practise while developing and presenting the lesson parts.
ILC offers following schedule options:
- standard - module lasts 4 Saturdays for 4 hours (from 10:00 to 14:30).
- summer format - module lasts 2 weeks, on Saturdays and Sundays, 10:00 to 14:30.
Location: 7, Bohdana Havrylyshyna St., Kyiv ("Politekhnichnyi institut" metro station)
Course fee: UAH 1899
Each lesson is part theory and part practice, which enables you to immediately test your newly acquired knowledge and receive feedback from our tutors.