Teaching Younger Learners
Teaching English to young learners requires both creativity and hard work. Teachers who are not yet experienced in communicative approach often face problems they can't solve. Children are often hyperactive, sometimes find it hard to concentrate on theory, or simply don't feel like studying at all. This course will answer many of your questions concerning teaching young learners, inspire you to work with them and help you figure out different approaches and methods in practice.
In order for you to comfortably understand the contents of the course, your language level should not be lower than Intermediate.
ILC offers following schedule options:
- standard - module lasts 4 Saturdays for 4 hours (from 10:00 to 14:30).
- summer format - module lasts 2 weeks, on Saturdays and Sundays, 10:00 to 14:30.
Nearest dates: 13.03.2021-03.04.2021
Course fee: UAH 1899
Each lesson is part theory and part practice, which enables you to immediately test your newly acquired knowledge and receive feedback from our tutors.
After completing the "Teaching young learners" course, you will:
- learn to effectively plan and organize your YL lessons, accurately judging the abilities of both your students and your own;
- learn to set lesson goals and know how to achieve them;
- be able to organize kids in the classroom and learn the general principles of doing this;
- clearly understand the nuances of teaching different English language skills to kids;
- master techniques of lexical and grammar presentation, as well as working with coursebooks;
- find out about more than 30 games and activities for children, that you will be able to use on your very next lesson;
- receive an ILC certificate.
Students of our modular courses say that they immediately notice improvement in their own teaching process and feel much more confident taking the next step in their professional development.