Teaching Foundations Courses
Teaching Foundations Courses is a series of modules to help you master the basics of communicative approach to teaching English.
It is on the communicative teaching methodology that the famous Cambridge CELTA and Delta programs are built. It is fundamentally different from the “grammar-translation” methodology, which is now used in most linguistic universities in our country, and is gaining popularity in the world due to its effectiveness.
This course is for you if you:
- teach English and want to learn how to do it more efficiently;
- plan to take the CELTA course and strive to be more confident in your knowledge and chances of successfully completing it;
- want to start your career as an English teacher, even if you lack teaching experience.
A prerequisite for taking the modules is at least Intermediate level of English.
As part of the course, you can complete 4 independent modules. Each module lasts for 16 contact hours with a trainer and about 4 hours of practical homework. After training, you will receive a certificate that meets all the requirements of the Ministry of Education and Science.
In addition, the course program contains materials to help you prepare for the TKT exam. After completing all the TFC modules, you can achieve better results in that professional exam!
ILC offers following schedule options:
- standard - module lasts 4 Saturdays for 4 hours (from 10:00 to 14:30) in an online format;
- intensive (summer format) - module lasts 4 days, Monday through Thursday, 10:00 to 14:30.
General English and the methodology of teaching receptive and productive skills.
Communicative approach to teaching English grammar and lexis.
How to plan the lesson effectively and use each second to the fullest.